1. Privacy at GWFWe are bound by the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) and we seek to comply with them to the extent required by the Privacy Act 1988.
2. Collecting Personal Information About You
'Personal Information' is personally identifiable information - like your name, street address and email address.
We only collect personal information that is necessary for us to perform our functions. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold will depend upon the type of products and services we provide to you or purchase from you. However, it may include:
- information you give us when you request a product or service from us or enter one of our competitions or surveys. This information will include your name, address and contact details;
- credit related information necessary to assess applications for credit and personal guarantees; ;
- records of communications between us and you; and
- if you have or had one of our products, information you have provided about the use of that product or your opinions about that product.
If the information sought is not provided, we may not be able to provide services to you effectively or at all.
3. Using & Disclosing Your Personal InformationAny personal information which we collect about you will be used for the purposes for which it is collected.
In some circumstances we may use your personal information to improve our products or website, or provide you with information about other products and services offered or distributed by us. These are 'related purposes'. In order to do this, we may disclose your personal information to organisations to whom we outsource functions.
Where we contract out our functions to external service providers, we may only disclose your personal information to these service providers on the condition they only use the information to provide the services that we have contracted them to perform.
4. Access To Your Personal InformationIn most cases, you can gain access to personal information that we hold about you. We will handle requests for access to your personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles.
We will deal with all requests for access to personal information as quickly as practicable. Requests for a large amount of information, or information which is not currently in use, may require further time before a response can be given. In some cases, consistent with the National Privacy Principles, we may refuse to give you access to personal information we hold about you, and you may be required to pay a reasonable charge to access your personal information.
Generally, if you request us to do so we will amend any personal information about you held by us which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If we disagree with you about the accuracy, completeness or currency of a record of your personal information held by us, and if you ask as to record your request, we will take reasonable steps to associate a statement to that effect with the relevant record.
6. Who To ContactIf you are concerned that we may have breached your privacy and wish to make a complaint, or you simply want more information about the way we manage your personal information, please contact us by calling us on 1800 645 515, or by writing to us at the postal or email addresses set out below.
GWF Consumer Information Centre (CIC)
PO Box 227
Enfield, NSW 2136
Phone: 1800 645 515
Date of publication: October 2009